Assuredly, the Steelseries Arctis 1 Microphone is a top-tier product that has proven its worth over time. Though there may be valid considerations regarding other features, I feel the microphone component is unquestionably best-in-class.
The Steelseries Arctis 1 Microphone often goes mute, causing frustration among users. It may require manual selection as the default input device if Windows fails to detect it. To address these issues, it’s best to inspect devices and review internal settings. Though discouraging, I have many effective ways to troubleshoot the microphone issue.
Steelseries is a well-respected brand in the gaming world that has received awards for its headsets. Their highly regarded customer support team makes them a reliable choice for gaming peripherals. If you encounter any issues, I would say their customer support is phenomenal in streamlining the process and avoiding communication roadblocks. Let’s check what we can do before reaching out to them!
How To Fix Steelseries Arctis 1 Microphone Not Working?
Troubleshooting the Steelseries Arctis 1 microphone is a breeze with these simple yet effective steps. Fear not, as the solution is within reach! Just follow the guidance provided.
Unmute Your Microphone
This is one of the most elementary steps you can perform. All you need to do is check if the microphone is muted. It can be done by checking the button on the left earcup of the microphone. If the button is placed towards the mute icon, your microphone will not work. So, always make sure to push the button away from the mute icon. However, if the microphone is still not working even after performing this step, move on to the next step.
Give Access To The Microphone
While all the latest Steelseries arctis microphones have a factory reset button, the Steelseries arctis 1 microphone lacks this feature. So, if the microphone is not working, you need to give access to your microphone. You can perform this step by following these instructions.
- Firstly, open the Search box by pressing the Windows key. And in the Search box, search for the microphone.
- A list will appear on the screen. Select the Microphone Privacy Settings option from there.
- Now, find the Let app access your microphone section. And in the section, ensure that it is turned on.
- Finally, select the apps that you use the microphone for.
The SteelSeries arctis 1 should start working after this step. But if the issue persists, move on to the next step.
Manually Change The Microphone Settings
Sometimes windows might fail to detect your Steelseries arctis 1 microphone. So, you need to change the settings manually to connect your microphone to windows. Follow these instructions to change the settings.
- The first step is to open the Sounds section. You can open the Sounds section by right-clicking on the Sound icon in the bottom left corner of your windows home screen.
- In the Sounds section, go to the Recording tab. Check if the headset microphone is set to default in the tab. If not, click on the headphone option and select default.
- Now, ensure that your headset’s name is shown correctly and that the headset is enjoying strong signals in the tab. If you see “Wireless Controller” in place of your headset’s name, reconnect your headset.
- After the name and signals are as expected, click on the Headset microphone option. A tab will appear on the screen.
- Select the properties option in the tab. And in the properties option, open the Levels tab.
- Lastly, slide the volume slider towards the right side in the Levels tab to make the volume 100 percent. and click Ok to apply the changes.
Update Your Audio Drivers
Your audio drivers may be outdated causing the microphone to not work. Therefore, you need to install the latest version of the audio drivers to ensure the smooth functioning of your Steelseries arctis 1 microphone. Here is how you can update the audio drivers.
- Firstly, open the device manager. You can search for it from the Search bar in the Start menu.
- In the device manager, go to the Audio inputs and outputs option. And in the menu that appears afterward, click on Driver names.
- After clicking on Drive names, select Update drivers and choose the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Finally, select the latest version of drivers from the list that will appear on the screen and install them.
Use Playback Device
Sometimes enabling playback devices can also fix the Steelseries arctis 1 microphone not working problem. You can enable the device from the sound settings. Here are the instructions to enable it.
- Open the Control panel by searching for it in the search bar. You can find the search bar by clicking on the Start menu.
- Now in the Control panel, go to Large icons and select the Sound option.
- In the Sound section, check the boxes next to Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
- Lastly, click on the Enable option and select Ok to complete this step. Reconnect your microphone and check if the issue persists.
Install The Latest Steelseries Engine Software
If none of the above-mentioned steps worked, there should be something wrong with the SteelSeries Engine software. So, you need to install the latest version of the SteelSeries Engine software to fix the microphone not working problem. Here are the instructions to install the latest software.
- Firstly, press (Windows+R) keys. It will open the run dialog box.
- Now, in the box, search for appwiz.cpl. A list will appear on the screen. Click on Steelseries Engine from it and select uninstall.
- After uninstalling the defective software, go to the Steelseries website and download the latest version file.
- Once downloaded, run the file and reconnect your Steelseries arctis 1. This step should completely solve Steelseries arctis 1 microphone not working.
Why are my SteelSeries arctis 1 microphone not working?
Your SteelSeries arctis 1 microphone may not work if the outdated audio and headset drivers. The microphone will also not work if it is muted or the microphone settings are incorrect.
How do I reset Steelseries arctis 1 microphone?
You can easily reset Steelseries arctis 1 microphone using the hardware reset switch. The reset switch on the left ear cup is just under the headset cushion.
How do I turn on Steelseries arctis 1 microphone?
You can easily turn on Steelseries arctis 1 microphone from the Sound settings. Go to the Playback option and set Arctis 1 as default. Next, go to Recording and set the Artics 1 microphone as default. Lastly, select Artics to chat audio in the VoIP application to turn on the Steelseries arctis 1 microphone.